Saturday, December 17, 2011

Independent variable, dependent variable, and control in my experiment?

I am doing a project were my question is " how does the shape of a paper airplane affect its flight? "





I have two airplanes, one a classic 'dart' and the other a 'glider', both I am studying how far they go and how long they stay in the air. But, I am completely confused on how to label the independent, dependent, and control in my experiment.|||the independent variable is what you are changing on purpose to see the result of something. you are changing the design of the plane, so the design would be the independent variable.





the dependent variable is what will be changed due to the independent variable changing. the dependent variable is the time and speed.





controlled variables are part of the experiment that is supposed to help keep the results accurate. you want the wind, material of plane, gravity, and force to remain the same.there are the controlled variables.





good luck on your project! :D|||Your independent variable is the paper airplane shape because that is what you are changing.


Your dependent variable is how far they go and how long they stay in the air because that is what changes when the independent variable is changed.


Your control would be what your comparing your results to.

No comments:

Post a Comment