Saturday, December 17, 2011

Which is the dependent/independent variable? Which is the control/experimental group?

I am doing a lab on lifesavers, sugar ones versus sugar-free ones.





We dissolved each lifesaver in a heated beaker of water at 37 degrees celsius. We stirred the water with a stirring rod every fifteen seconds, switching direction each time.





What are the independent variables? Dependent variables?





What is the control group? Experimental group?





I wrote up the whole lab already if you need to see that, just message me. :) I want to make sure I get this right though before I turn it in. Thanks!|||Your independent variables are anything that you were able to control: ie the temperature, the type of lifesaver, the number of times you stirred. Your dependent variables will be the results of your experimentation, such as how dissolved each lifesaver was. You have no control group/experimental group in this situation because you don't know the outcome for either type of lifesaver before you perform the experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment