Monday, December 12, 2011

Do I have to have my CPU fan hooked up to the variable speed control for the fan to work?

I was working on my computer and I accidentally broke my variable speed control knob. Now my CPU fan i s not running. Is it not working because of that? Or is it something else? Also my computer has been overheating lately and I think it's time for a new CPU fan. So to reiterate, do I have to have my CPU fan hooked up to the variable speed control for the fan to work?|||its better if you do, otherwise the cpu fan will run 100% all the time and cause much noise. All motherboards have variable 4 pin cpu fan headers, your cpu fan should be connected to those. Manual fan controls should only be used with case fans.|||It depends on the fan. Most fans can also be connected directly to a fan header. But if the fan isn't spinning, most likely the problem is that it's not hooked up correctly.|||1.Clean up junk filses.


2.Clean up cookies.


3.Clean up registry errors.


4.Speedup the system.


5.Speedup the startup. with Reginout

No comments:

Post a Comment