Monday, December 5, 2011

What is my control, Independent variable, and my dependent variable in my experiment?

My project is: Can hair be used to identify people?





I need to know the control, independent variable, and my dependent variable.|||In order to answer this question properly, we really need more information.





In general terms, though, a control is something that doesn't change and can be used to compare with the variables that change. The independent variable is what the person doing the experiment changes. The dependent variable is what changes as a result of changing the independent variable (what you observe changes after you change the independent variable).





This website might help explain things better: http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fa鈥?/a>





Overall, this is an interesting question but it might need to be more specific in order to fit this model.

No comments:

Post a Comment